Monday, October 26, 2009

Updated Fresh&Co. From Guest Blogger Nancy Meyer

Today’s update to Fresh & Co. experience:
Today, I decided to have the same sandwich but with a side salad (yeah, I am a creature of habit or I wouldn’t have gone to the no-name deli most days for so long). I remembered from yesterday, Fresh & Co. doesn’t have small side salad’s you can get off the shelf. So, I stopped at Guys and Galliards along the way. While I was waiting to pay, the young woman at the cash register jokingly asked the gentlemen in front of me where he was yesterday and then to determine if he was a traitor, asked “did you go to that new place down the block (referring of course to Fresh & Co.). He laughingly said no, but then she said, “It looks all clean and new, but I hear they have rats.” I looked at her with surprise on my face and she repeated it again to me. Okay, so instead of being appalled and getting something else for lunch, I ignored her warning and stuck to original my agenda and got the sandwich.

Lunch tasted fine, but now I wonder about Fresh & Co. …..was the rat warning something the cash register lady was told to say to all customers that stray, was it a rumor she believed, or was it the truth..…what do you think?....and does it make you hesitate to try Fresh & Co.?

2 comments:

  1. Nahh, her crediblity is null and void!

    Although, I did have a mediocre breakfast there the other day, eventhough I didn't order rat on my breakfast sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are ever concerned about the cleanliness of a restaurant, you can check the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene website. They post the inspection results for every restaurant in the city.

    Fresh & Co received only 8 violation points, none of which related to rats: http://167.153.150.32/RI/web/detail.do?method=detail&restaurantId=41427176&inspectionDate=20090807
    This is an exceptionally good number and you don't have to be concerned about the cleanliness. (A 0 is a perfect score and a 28 is failing.)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete