Monday, October 26, 2009

Fish n Chips from F&B



As lunch time approached today, I was overcome by feelings of uncertainty. I had not even given my lunch a cursory pondering up until that point.

I hastily decided to make today Boston Market Day, since I skipped that little slice of heaven last week. On the way there, I resolved to get the largely unknown breaded chicken cutlet with white sauce as my main course, with mashed & gravy and stuffing as my sides. I entered Boston Market and saw a long line and the ol' surly, detached staff I've grown to love. As I perused the menu, I realized that my beloved chicken cutlet has gone from being largely unknown to utterly non-existent.

It was at this moment of realization (an anagnorisis, if you will) that I made the snap decision to get lunch two doors down at F&B.

F&B is mainly known for their "gourmet hot dog" selection. I certainly appreciate hot dogs, but I have a tough time making one the main event in a meal. I saw a fish n chips poster on my way in (F&B oddly does not have a proper menuboard above the point-of-sale, which is disconcerting), so I decided to go with that. I made it a combo for an extra 25 cents, and got lemonade!

This meal did not disappoint. F&B is not reinventing the wheel with this fish & chips thing, but the beer-battered fish was impeccable, and the fries were well above average. If I didn't sit in such a prominent position in the office, I probably would've dipped my finger in the tartar sauce.

I look forward to making F&B a regular lunch place going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment