Friday, October 23, 2009

Fresh Review from Guest Blogger Nancy Meyer

FRESH & CO.

Okay, so I’m finally tired of the hot and cold salad bar at my usual deli on the corner of 7th and 27th (the no name Udon place). Since yesterday was such a beautiful day, I decided to venture further down 7th to the new Fresh & Co. and was rewarded with a pleasant experience. The atmosphere is bright, new, clean and spacious. The food selections are impressive, including pizza, Panini’s, make your own salad bar (well, you don’t really make your own…..you tell the person behind the counter what you want), pasta (like Terry heard), etc.

Being my first time, it was a bit overwhelming and the lines were long, especially for salad which was what I initially wanted to get. So, I decided to go for a ready made sandwich and fruit salad. There were quite a few interesting choices and I opted for the turkey, watercress, cucumber with lemon/dill mayo on whole wheat bread (all sandwiches were on whole wheat bread). I wasn’t disappointed; it was very tasty and satisfying.

Two notes of caution: (1) to avoid the lines, go either a bit before or a bit later than the rush (2) It was a bit pricey for what I had….about $11.00. Thanks goodness due to OTX’s generosity, my seltzer was only $.25.

No comments:

Post a Comment