Thursday, October 22, 2009

Roasted Turkey & Brie from Cosi

I've been absent from blogging the past two days, because I've been fortunate enough to be given delicious yet unbloggable lunches Tuesday and Wednesday.

Today, the plan was to head to Johny's. On Thursdays they serve beef stew, and who doesn't like the sound of that?

Life got in the way, however, when I got to Johny's and saw approximately seven people waiting to order ahead of me. Plus, I realized that this is far from beef stew weather.

I found myself directionless, with my tail between my legs. It was in this state that I remembered the existence of Cosi.

As lunch options go, Cosi is woefully uninteresting. And it has a terrible name. For years, I refused to recognize it as anything other than Xando. And when it was called Xando, I refused to recognize the "Zando" pronunciation, in favor of "X and O."

While Cosi is a terrible name, and while it definitely belongs on Stuff White People Like, I am still a sucker for this sandwich. It's simply turkey, brie and honey mustard on flatbread. And it's delicious! The cheese is definitely bottom-shelf, but for $8 including chips (or carrots! hahahaha!), what more could I ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment